Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
|Delivery Detail:||prompt shipment|
||H2O: 50 mg/mL, clear to very faintly turbid, faintly yellow|
|Stability||Stable. Solid is combustible, incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.|
|Product features||Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is propylene glycol ether of methyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl and methyl combine with anhydrous glucose ring by ether bond.It is white or pale white cellulose powder or particles. The characteristics of cold water dissolution and hot water insoluble are similar with methyl cellulose. Solubility in organic solvents is superior than water soluble, can be dissolved in anhydrous methanol and ethanol solution, also soluble in chlorinated hydrocarbons and ketones in organic solvents. Soluble in water, its water solution has a surface activity, the formation of the film after drying, heated and cooled, in turn, from the reversible conversion of sol to gel. Can be used alone in the cold drink, also can be used with other emulsifier, stabilizer. To cold drink, the maximum amount is 1%. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose and other water-soluble high weight compounds use mixture, become transparent, higher viscosity. The gelation temperature of low viscosity products is higher than high viscosity of products. Its solution is stable at room temperature. In recent years, It has been widely used in petroleum chemical industry, papermaking, leather, textile printing and dyeing, pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics and other industries, and as the dispersing agent, thickening agent, adhesive, excipient, capsule, oil resistant coating and packing etc.|
|Identification test||It is soluble in water swelling, forming a transparent milky white sticky gel solution, and insoluble in ethanol.|
|Toxicity||ADI does not make special provisions (FAO/WHO, 2001). It can be used for food safety (FDA. §172.87, 2000). LD505200mg/kg (rats, intra peritoneal injection).|
FAO/WHO (1984): Cold drink ,10g/kg (in the end product design, single use or with other emulsifier, stabilizer and thickener dosage).
GB 2760 – 96: all kinds of food, to GMP limited.
Purpose: thickener, emulsifier, stabilizer.
1 note: hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has many excellent properties. It can be used for baking food, pasty food, enriched food, milk paste mixing drinks, pie fillings, toppings, salad and fast food. The use of its thermal gel properties can make deep fried food, not only can save a lot of oil, but also the product has a unique taste of the soft. The use of its acid, alkali stability, anti-enzymes, do not participate in metabolism, enhance the characteristics of gastrointestinal motility, but also used to produce a variety of health food.
2 usage range and usage
(1) The provisions on the use of hygienic standards for food additives (GB 2760-1996) shall be used in all kinds of food appropriately.
(2) The actual use of reference: the use of high transparency film and film of this product can be used in the manufacture of casings, dosage is 5%. It is used as a thickener mayonnaise (HPMC-60RT400), dosage of 0.5% ~ 2%.
1. Thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, emulsifier, suspending agent.
2. It is used as a synthetic resin dispersing agent, and the coating agent,also used as a thickener.
3. This product is used as a thickener, dispersant, binder, emulsifier and stabilizer in the textile industry. It is also widely used in synthetic resin, petrochemical, ceramics, paper, leather, medicine, food, cosmetics and other industries.
4. Used in synthetic resin, petroleum chemical industry, ceramics, paper, leather, textile, medicine, food, cosmetics and other daily chemicals and as dispersing agent, thickening agent, binders, excipients, capsules, oil resistant coating and packing etc.
|Tests||Standard USP 32||Examinations|
White to slightly off-white
fibrous or granular powder
|Identification A To E||Complies||Conforms|
|Loss on drying||≤5.0%||2.6%|
|Residue on ignition||≤1.5%||1.0%|
|Conclusion||It conforms to USP32.|
We provide Flexible payment (O/A 180 days) also with low price, good quality and service!
High Quality & Best Service
If any questions, plz feel free to contact us.
COPYRIGHT ©2010 GINVENT CHEMICAL CO., LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
ADD: No.5 Jinzhong road, Huli district, Xiamen, China
TEL : +86-592-5510958 FAX : +86-592-5510958 E-MAIL : SALES@GINVENTCHEM.COM